11 Minutes in Conversation with Alan Finlay, CEO of Salunda
Join OIC Partner James Mallinson for Episode 10 of the OIC Conversations Series.
Salunda is commercialising a range of wireless, non-contact diagnostic and sensor technologies for hostile and demanding applications in the Oil & Gas industry.
The Company currently supplies two product lines: a wireless sensor network retrofitted to offshore drilling rigs which up to 4,000 sensors for a variety of applications can be connected; and MudChecker, a handheld device for analysing the composition of drilling fluids. These products offer efficiency and safety improvements highly sought after by an industry always seeking advancement in these areas.
Questions covered include:
- 00:21 – Tell us a little about yourself and how you came to join Salunda.
- 01:45 – Can you describe Salunda’s products and the market they sell into?
- 03:47 – What are the challenges Salunda is solving?
- 05:27 – How did you build Salunda’s team?
- 06:44 – What are the effects of COVID-19 on the business and what are you doing to mitigate these?
- 07:38 – How has the business been funded to date?
- 08:18 – What are the most challenging and rewarding aspects of leading an emerging company?
- 09:26 – What is the long-term vision for Salunda?
Important notice: This communication is for information purposes only. Reliance on the information in this communication, for the purpose of engaging in any investment activity, may expose an individual to a risk of losing all of the funds invested. The information disclosed in this communication does not constitute, or should be considered as, an offer to buy or sell or solicitation of an offer to buy or sell any security or share.