12 Minutes in Conversation with Sean Sutcliffe, CEO of Oxford Space Systems
Insights - 18th September 2020
Join OIC Managing Partner Christopher Hall for Episode 8 of the OIC Conversations Series.
Oxford Space Systems (OSS) is commercialising a new generation of deployable antennas and structures for the global space industry. OSS’ innovative technology is based on proprietary composite materials and novel origami engineering design techniques, including input from Prof Zhong You at the University of Oxford’s Structural Engineering Department. OSS’ products are lighter and have significantly improved stowage characteristics and robustness to the harsh operating environment on orbit over those currently available. The Company is targeting a number of markets in the space industry with products developed in close collaboration with leading satellite manufacturers.
Questions covered include:
- 00:32 – Tell us a little about yourself and how you joined OSS.
- 01:26 – What is the problem OSS is trying to solve?
- 02:10 – How is OSS solving this problem?
- 03:20 – How large is the opportunity for OSS, both in the UK and globally?
- 04:10 – What are the regulatory regimes OSS faces?
- 05:06 – How much funding has the business had to date and how much further funding will OSS require?
- 06:14 – What are the effects of COVID-19 on the business and what strategies have you put in place to mitigate these effects?
- 07:39 – What are the most challenging and what are the most rewarding aspects of leading a small company?
- 09:04– What are the key goals for the business in the next 12 to 24 months?
- 10:45 – What is the long-term vision for OSS?
Important notice: This communication is for information purposes only. Reliance on the information in this communication, for the purpose of engaging in any investment activity, may expose an individual to a risk of losing all of the funds invested. The information disclosed in this communication does not constitute, or should be considered as, an offer to buy or sell or solicitation of an offer to buy or sell any security or share.