14 Minutes in Conversation with Brian Mullins, CEO of Mind Foundry
Join OIC Partner James Mallinson for Episode 6 of the OIC Conversations Series.
Mind Foundry was spun out in November 2015 by Profs Steve Roberts and Mike Osborne, the lead academics behind Oxford University’s Machine Learning Group (MLRG) in the Department of Engineering Science. The Company has developed a cloud-based, machine learning software platform that provides business problem-solvers with access to ‘state-of-the-art’ models to gain valuable insights from their data. The platform resolves complex data ingestion issues and automates the process of advanced data science by selecting the most suitable algorithm for the required analysis in a faster and continuously improving way
Questions covered include:
- 00:21 – Tell us a little about yourself and how you came to join Mind Foundry.
- 01:05 – What is Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning?
- 02:35 – What is the problem Mind Foundry is trying to solve?
- 04:02 – How large is the opportunity for Mind Foundry, both in the UK and globally?
- 05:06 – How do you plan to bring Mind Foundry’s product to market and sell it?
- 06:22 – What are the key goals for the business in the next 12-24 months?
- 07:34 – What are the effects of COVID-19 on the business and what are you doing to mitigate these?
- 09:26 – What are the advantages of being a spinout from the University of Oxford and how does it compare to your experience in the US?
- 10:51 – What are the most challenging and rewarding aspects of leading a spinout company?
- 12:02 – What is the long-term vision for Mind Foundry?
Important notice: This communication is for information purposes only. Reliance on the information in this communication, for the purpose of engaging in any investment activity, may expose an individual to a risk of losing all of the funds invested. The information disclosed in this communication does not constitute, or should be considered as, an offer to buy or sell or solicitation of an offer to buy or sell any security or share.