Innovation in Oxford, Episode 1: The City of Dreaming Spires
Insights - 24th July 2020
Join OIC founding partner George Robinson in his convertible Morris Minor as he looks back at some of the most influential technologies to emerge from Oxford, including penicillin, the glucose strip and lithium-ion batteries.
We’re delighted to bring you the first episode in a series of videos showcasing ground-breaking innovation in Oxford. In the Innovation in Oxford series, OIC founding partner George Robinson is going to show us around the city he calls home, meeting some of the great minds commercialising technologies with the potential to shape the future of the world we live in. The videos are short, snappy and a bit of fun.
This video is provided for educational purposes and no copyright infringement is intended. OIC wishes to thank the respective parties for use of the following images and footage contained within the video:
- Morris Oxford: https://www.bonhams.com/auctions/22705/lot/380/
- William Morris w/car (1): https://classics.honestjohn.co.uk/news/archive/1963-08/william-morris-1st-viscount-nuffield-1877-1963/
- William Morris w/car (2): https://www.pinterest.fr/pin/378020962463621336/, taken from https://morrisregister.nl/
- Lithium ion battery digital camera: https://www.whatdigitalcamera.com/technology_guides/lithium-ion-battery-what-is-it-and-how-does-it-work-63757
- Lithium-ion battery car: https://www.carmagazine.co.uk/electric/ev-car-battery-capacity-tech/
- John Goodenough 95th birthday: https://news.utexas.edu/2017/07/25/happy-95th-birthday-john-goodenough/
- The Discovery of Penicillin: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qeZLLhx5kU&t=409s
Important notice: This communication is for information purposes only. Reliance on the information in this communication, for the purpose of engaging in any investment activity, may expose an individual to a risk of losing all of the funds invested. The information disclosed in this communication does not constitute, or should be considered as, an offer to buy or sell or solicitation of an offer to buy or sell any security or share.